The Accessible Quality Healthcare (AQH) project, funded by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC), continues to support the implementation of the national health sector reform agenda and complements other donor-supported programmes with a focus on the primary health care level (PHC). The AQH second phase 4-year project aims to stimulate use of quality PHC services by all Kosovo citizens, with particular attention to the needs and inclusion of socially vulnerable populations. The project is implemented by the Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute.
The project is seeking applicants for the following position:
This position provides an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated health professional to make an important contribution to the implementation of the national PHC reform agenda and we welcome candidates who want to be part of this process. The post holder will work closely with health sector staff at facility, municipality and national levels, therefore he/she will work well as part of a team; will have a participatory approach to capacity building; and will have demonstrable experience of successfully managing change in a challenging environment.
To oversee the project’s Monitoring and Evaluation system based on its logframe and the specific outputs and outcomes. This includes continuous information collection and analysis for outcome measurement and reporting.
University Degree preferably in Public Health, Business Administration or related fields
Minimum 5 years of experience in the design and implementation of M&E in development projects in Kosovo
Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports
Information and communication skills, especially in the development of management information systems and using database software
High capacity of analysing data
- The M&E officer will be responsible for designing and implementing the M&E activities of the project; develop and strengthen monitoring and evaluation procedures
- Monitor and evaluate project activities and overall project progress on achievement of results; developing and maintaining the monitoring information system of the project; monitor output and outcome indicators
- Provide inputs, data, information and statistics for quarterly, half year, annual or other reports and assist the Project management in preparing/writing these reports monthly/half year/annual reports on project progress; produce high quality reports in line with the agreed project reporting schedule, maintain the indicator database
- Monitor project challenges and risk and periodically update the project risk matrix; monitor the sustainability of the project’s results;
- Collection and analysis of different data in relation to the project activities; assist implementation of project’s activities in the area of operational research
- Collaborate with Output leads and project stakeholders at facility, municipal and national levels; establish and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders at facility, municipal and national levels
- Assist in coordinating the Project outputs to ensure effective implementation of M&E
- Assist elaboration and monitoring of the implementation of the annual plans and institutional development plans for public health directorates at local government unit level, PHC team and municipalities; provide managers with effective and feasible management tools
- Play the role of gender focal point at PIU and coordinate gender related transversal activities of the project
- Plan, implement and evaluate M&E activities in line with the agreed annual project plan and manage the delegated budget for operational research activities, where applicable, in compliance with AQH financial management procedures, ensuring cost-effectiveness and value for money
- Assist the project personnel with M&E tools and in supporting them in their use
- Develop and deliver M&E training programmes, where applicable
- Participate in project reviews and planning workshops
- Managerial work experience and skills / work in a mid-level or senior management/M&E position
- Demonstrable experience of project reporting and development of project implementation plans
- Work experience with Ministries and decentralized public authorities
- In-depth knowledge on M&E, MIS and development issues
- Demonstrated ability to work in a changing, multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships and team building; excellent inter-personal skills
- Capacity to complete multiple tasks by establishing priorities, consider special assignments, deadlines, available resources and multiple reporting relationships
- High competent in core IT applications, particularly MS Office, statistical packages (R; EpiInfo, Stata or other) would be an asset; working with databases;
- Excellent written and oral skills in English, Albanian and Serbian
- Able to produce high quality technical reports and excellent presentation skills
- Full driving license and willingness to travel as required.
- Experience in operations research activities, data analysis, mid-level statistics, production of statistical tables and graphics for reports, basic experience in epidemiology
This is a full-time position and is open only to national experts.
Qualified applicants should e-mail: 1) Curriculum Vitae; 2) Three references and 3) Cover letter explaining why they are qualified for the position to AQH Project Officer at email@example.com
All documents should be in English. Please specify the position you apply under e-mail subject.
Closing date for submission of applications is Monday, 13th July 2020.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Interviews will take place week commencing 27th July 2020.