Operational Risk Officer
Full Time / Prishtina
İŞBANK Region Unit’s Office in Prishtina
The position will act as the responsible person in operational risk and directly subordinates to the Risk Manager of İŞBANK Kosovo. The main duties of the Operational Risk Officer are as follows:
- Updating Operational Risk Policy and Procedures to ensure that the policy and procedures reflects best practice.
- Follow-up evaluation methods for operational risk management with the aim of identifying and assessing operational risk across departments, and have a continuous effective procedure for monitoring, controlling/reduction and reporting of operational risks.
- Assessment of operational risk and internal controls, monitoring reports of events that resulted in loss and data collection, monitoring the key risk indicators, performing risk control self-assessment and preparing reports of operational risk.
- Regularly monitoring and reporting on the operational risk status and potential / occurred losses.
- Aggregating and analyzing risk events reported by the business units.
- Performing root cause analyses on identified risk events to recommend improvements to prevent these risk events from re-occurring in future.
- Organizing and coordinating the business continuity testing and reporting the results.
- Assisting the staff responsible for operational risk incidents reporting with the identification of key risk indicators in their business units.
- Monitoring the implementation of action plans to mitigate the risk.
- Assisting the Risk Manager in preparing reports of the Operational Risk.
- Utilizing mathematical and statistical knowledge to assist with the building of risk models in support of Operational Risk Management.
- Assisting the Risk Manager in preparation of different risk management reports based on the department needs.
- University or higher level degree in field of economics, statistics, mathematics, IT or a related technical field
- Minimum 2-year work experience in the banking sector, especially risk management and/or operational risk environment is desirable
- Knowledge of the laws and regulations related to the activities of the structural units of the Bank, and labor protection, safety and fire protection
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft office programs (especially MS Excel), at the level of an experienced user, the ability to conduct business correspondence and office communication media
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills on Albanian, English and preferably Turkish languages
- Proper negotiation and communication also networking, analytical and organizational skills
- Organizational skills, attention to detail, strong work ethic and sense of ownership
- Ambitious, energetic team player who is open to growth and development and ready to persistently serve the objective of the team
- Valid driving license