Project Assistant IN KOSOVO, PRISHTINA
Position: Project Assistant / Full-time
Starting date: ASAP, 12 months with possibility of extension
Country Programme: Kosovo
Base: Kosovo, Prishtina
Line Manager: Project Manager
About the Western Balkans Programme of People in Need:
People in Need started working in Balkans in the early 1990s to deliver humanitarian aid and has remained in the region since to support the region’s social and economic reconstruction and development. Since the late 2000s, PIN has been working with local organizations to promote social inclusion and good governance at the local level. More information is available on PIN’s website, www.peopleinneed.cz.
Purpose of the Position:
To implement the Project “ALVED” supported by the CSSF and implemented by People in Need Kosovo.
About the role:
Under overall supervision of the Project Manager, the Project Assistant will support effectively the Project Manager in day-to-day work, and will report directly to Project Manager. He/she will be responsible for assistance in all project activities, administrative matters, organizational/logistical matters.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Project Manager in the overall implementation of the project
- Assist with preparing meetings
- Maintain accurate and timely records of all activities
- Assist the Project Manager in monitoring grants allocation and implementation and overall progress of the project
- Assist in collecting and analyzing data;
- Assist in communicating, updating and collecting information on project-relevant topics
- Assist with PR work for the project
- Perform other duties as required
Suitable candidates for this position should possess:
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience at a similar level of responsibilities
- University degree in social sciences or other related field desirable
- Experience of working within a humanitarian and/or development organization (NGO) will be an advantage
- Excellent communication skills, including fluent spoken and written English and Albanian,
- Strong coordination, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge in office software packages (Excel, MS Word and Outlook)
- Working environment in a well-established and growing humanitarian and development organization
- Salary and benefits according to PIN Kosovo Salary Scale and HR policies
- 25 days of paid leave annually
- Accident and travel insurance and free medical helpdesk
- E-learning courses, webinars, training possibilities
People in Need offers:
How to Apply:
Are you interested in this position? Send us your CV (no longer than 4 pages) and short cover letter via this link .
Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled.People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies (available at: www.peopleinneed.cz/policies).